this is the writer for Girls that responded to the criticisms about the lack of representation of women of color in Girls with “I didn’t see myself represented in Precious" *points to throat and makes gagging noises*
She also compared Obama’s skin color to poop
why does kim gordon want to be a part of this show?
"I didn’t see any white slaves in 12 Years a Slave"
What I’d give to force your sigh
What I’d give to see you cry
What I’d give for your caress
To see your blue cotton dress
Balled up on the floor
Certain memories are the problem
Certain drunken lines are the shame
Seven hundred miles and four years
I can’t fight the flame; it burns
This campaign has a lot of awesome stuff going for it.
1) Transgender PoC make up about half the face of the campaign.
2) There is a genderqueer person (!!) and their caption respectfully uses “person” instead of man or woman.
3) Plus-sized trans* people for the win!
4) Finally a campaign explicitly for trans* people that emphasizes our deserving respect and courtesy.
5) The transgender women and men are included in “any woman/man” which is huge because it emphasizes that trans* women and men are women and men too; it leaves no room for argument and doesn’t turn it into a debate about genitals.
6) Emphasis on our being a part of the communities we live in. We aren’t any different than anyone else.
I really love the DC Transgender Respect campaign and I wish more states and cities would launch stuff like this!
Real proud of my hometown today.
happy international women’s day! xo
I’m sorry, but I disagree with this statement. Women cannot do absolutely everything on their own. We need men in order to reproduce for example. Sexism against men does exist despite what most people think, and this is a perfect example. So tell me, how would you feel if you saw a post that said “Men are Everything”?
Sexism against men doesn’t exist because men are not oppressed.
Nice cissexism there. Men are not the only ones with penises. There are plenty of queer relationships capable of reproduction.
Stop policing marginalized groups because they’re trying to highlight their own importance for once.
Calm your shit.
How does anyone see this post and think, “I’m being oppressed!” You’re only thinking that because you want to think that, bozo.
In which Snoop Dogg doesn’t give a fuck about your gender policing, and 50 Cent continues to be way too concerned about the sexuality of other male rappers.
50 Cent is so extra for someone who is merely a footnote in rap culture these days